Monday, April 19, 2010

it's SATS not STATS

I love being a nurse. In fact I miss doing more nurse things. I miss giving people shots , I miss the beeps I miss all of that stupid shit I HATED previously. Now I sit and listen to people call me and tell me their belly hurts but they don't want to take the meds or follow the diet we suggested but want to know WHY OH WHY is my belly still hurting. These people want to know if there is a magic pill they can take to make it all better. No there is is not. NOR do I have a crystal, ball magic wand and ESP.
That aside, I have been listening to these people for 1 year and 7 months with no one to tell me if I was/am doing this job with any proficiency. Today i get a perfect review , not surprising. I was also informed as to why I cannot go to the DDW this year etc etc - pretty much all bullshit. My favorite part was when Steve said I was doing such a good job considering I have only been here for 6 MONTHS- are you fucking kidding me? I said I have been here almost 2 years Steve- he was embarassed as he should be - fucking people

1 comment: